20090331

Where the

Kash at?


airwaves: the beach from alfred hitchcock's Vertigo
(because its been a looong day and i need some classical for relaxation)

The Cab Confessionals Continueeeee!!!! Hey KASH PHIFE! Make sure to visit her blog...HERE!





Who are your top 3 influences fashionwise?
Kanye West, Rihanna & Fonzworth Bentley

How about musically?
Beyonce influences me to be on top of my game and never let my mind become cluttered with bullsh--. She's the epitome of how women of color should be. Jay-z because he shows me that my hustle can go beyond working in retail. I learned a lot through that American Gangster album. But... Blueprint was the best. And last but not least Lupe Fiasco. He shows me that the mind is very much endless in thought. My imagination can stretch beyond blogging and writing out thoughts through poetry. He lets me know I can aspire to be... myself and be cool with it.

Favorite place to shop locally?
Shop Gentei and Up Against the Wall. Shop Gentei for the custom sneakers and cool skateboaders. Up Against the Wall for its flavorful collection of the best underground clothing labels.

Shoes you're wearing right now?
Nike Fortress Metro's (Hi lo)

Bracelet or watch?
Neither. I want some rosary though.

Necklace or scarf?
Im feeling my purple tassled scarf from Wet Seal.

Classic Rock or Modern pop?
Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin

Dreamjob?
Traveling to far places to present myself to the world through art.

Last movie you watched
Push with Dakota Fanning and dude from Blood Diamond. Awesome graphics and plot.

Favorite blog(s)/websites to browse..
Lateboots, The Brownstone Project and Garance Dore.

Song stuck in your head right now?
GoGo Gadget Flow by Lupe Fiasco

If you could have a comeback album from any artist...who would it be?
Rakim and Eric B. Dopest rapper EVER!

The first concert you ever went to
In school concert featuring Soljah Boy before he was Soljah Boy... (bummy) lol

The dumbest thing you've ever done
Tried to freestyle in public. (Uggh)

I see the person youve grown to be, but not who you were before..what was it that changed your life to get where you are now?
Earlier in my life I lived without a care. Huge tomboy. Started being labeled gay.. So I ended up femming it up. I fell in love in 2007. That ended out of midair in 2008. The emotional time I had bombed me. I hit rock bottom. And I developed a stronger relationship with God. He helped me to get out of it. He helped me get here. I learned how to put Him myself and family first.

go ahead...give a few shout outs
I want to give a shout out to all reading this! I want to give a shout out to all my New York kids, world travelers and God! Oh and I cannot forget about the sidekick Vince!

Finally....last famous words
Friends come and go. Lovers come and go. But God and family are always there no matter what. Remember that all great achievements require time (quote from Maya Angeleou)

ciao, sal

No comments:

Post a Comment

make it good.