20090409

Howie

be doin that?


airwaves:vogue - madonna
"what are you lookin at?"
(because if there's anyone who will appreciate today's airwaves, it would be howie:))


i had been meaning to do a feature on howie lee robinson for the loooongest, and five of my favorite guys was the PERFECT opportunity. I met howie freshman year and fell in LOVE with him..hes one of THEE funniest people ive ever met, adn he loves me regardless of my flaws, i could say the same thing for him but obviously, he has none, so lets all sit back in a wodner and enjoy my doll's cab confessionals so that you can see what i have to do with on a regular basis..the man is a MESS yall. but i love him:) and im luckly to have him

They call me...
- Howie (unless you grew up with me, in which case you probably call me by the most country of all nicknames: Brother.)

I like (doing, making, being)..
- TROUBLE.
(haha clever clever..)

My favorite t-shirt is...
- The brown Xavier University crewneck that my homegirl from high school gave me about a month before Katrina. I painted our apartment in it and wore it to school with the stains, and people thought I had escaped the levees with nothin but the shirt on my back. I ate free in Spelman's Grille for a week.
(that is SOO like you)

The shoes I'll never throw away are...
- The absolutely trashed Gola wingtip sneakers I stole from Irwin when he moved out. I love them aaaalmost as much as I love him.
(i love irwin tooo!!!)

I'd kill for...
- ...a lifetime supply...

The song that makes me drive wreckless is...
- ANYTHING BY GUCCI!!!!
(and i feel like youre serious lol)

If I were a tv show, I would be...
- Death Note or Cowboy Bebop, or 24. ...or Ghostwriter.

Last time I went to the movies I saw...
- Doubt. Incredible! That makes me wonder if I'm behind on my new releases though... :-/

If I saw ...... I would probably.....
- Rei Kawakubo......kidnap her. I'd release her after a year or 2,184 conversations though, whichever comes first.

My first cell phone was a....
- Nokia whatever-it-is, those OLD candy bar types with the first Snake. ::sigh:: History repeats itself. Guess what I have now?

If could've chosen my name it probably would have been....
- Francois, or somethin superheroey, like Jolt.

I laughed so hard at.....that I peed my pants
- THE OLD LADY WHO GOT HIT BY THE BUS IN THE WAYANS BROTHERS' OPENING SEQUENCE!! I'm talkin bout rollin on the floor each and every time. My mom thought I was a sick, sick person.

My first love was...
- Art. We're still together and we're expecting.

I used to have ...... posters on my wall
- Nope. I was never the poster type. My mom taught us to stew in our own creativity, so we would paint and paste and chew and cut everything into anything and she'd cover entire walls with our work.

The first time I kissed a girl I was....
- Five. I was sittin at the computers in my kindergarten class, and my mom was takin too long to pick me up so I decided to try a lil somethin I had seen on TV...
(pimpin since been pimpin since been pimpin..)


I'm terrified of.... because....
- Having to choose. I hate getting "settled."

I really miss.....
- ::sigh:: I've gotten numb to loss. There are people who had pivotal roles in my life and they're gone now. Whether by choice or not, whether their absence is permanent or not, they're gone. It's happened so much that I can't even remember when I got used to it. Still, I'm happy when certain people come to town and certain others hit me up to hang out. Feels good.

A perfect dinner would be....
- Anything my mama cooked, with whoever I love at the moment.

If Prince and Michael Jackson had a sing off....would win
- THE PURPLE ONE!!!!
(AGREED)


Today I wore......
- A "ROCK ME SEXY JESUS" tee, straight leg Levi's, a hunting jacket and a Krystal staff hat I stole from my cousin. I wore my shell toe Adidas (Adidae? Adidi?) only because Irwin's Golas were wet from yesterday.
(about hamlet 2...the WORST!!)

......reminds me of summer
- Freaknik music, girls with midriff-bearing tops and door knockers, pit bulls, the smell of charcoal, candy paint, and my Summer Love playlist: think Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, Lisa Stansfield, Kish Mauve, A Flock of Seagulls, etc.

I'd rather have been born....
- In ancient Egypt or 1950s New York.

.....is my hero because...
- Batman. He's crazy, he's unapologetic, and dammit, he's just a man.

My favorite scent is.....
- Mont Blanc Presence (winter) or The Art of Shaving Sandalwood (summer)

Fancy bread, is it in the heart or in the head?
- The cow jumped over the moon!

If I gave a hood shoutout it would be to....
- All my people on dat Westside, and everybody pushin to get dis paper!!

To the future I say.....
-Ready or not, here I come. I promise we'll be gooood friends.

To the past I said.....
-I know you'll miss me, but this is goodbye forever.

To the masses I say.....
- Stay with me and I will bless you.

To myself I say....
- Let's go. You trust me, don't you?

oh howie...you sly dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make it good.